A Tribute to Our Influences

Recently, we decided to make covers of some of the songs we’ve always loved. We had so much fun doing this, trying to capture the magic of the originals to the best of our ability, that we wanted to share this with our amazing listeners.

Hopefully this wasn’t too ambitious – Nightwish songs aren’t exactly easy to do justice! But please let us know if you enjoy them =)

End Of All Hope

P.S. If you like the music you’ve heard so far and you want to listen to more, you can check out our latest album here!

Also, please do leave a comment below and let us know what you thought of everything we shared in this post – it would be really great to hear from you =)

• Carlos Medina says:

Adrienne you nailed Tarja’s vocals…I personally like yours more than hers. the rest of you guys have done a fantastic job as well. you guys have a new fan

• Kevin Goetz says:

Hey Carlos, this reply is from Adrienne – “That’s one of the biggest compliments anyone could ever give a vocalist! Seriously, thank you so much!”

• Debby says:

I’m a big fan of Nightwish and also love a lot of other symphonic metal and I think you are doing a great job. It takes time to get used to performing in front of a camera but stick with it, it will come eventually and you’ll feel more confident. Nice One.

• Neil says:

I appreciate people are, in the main, trying to be cnstructive but I think some comments are a tad harsh. These are very good demo tracks. Of course its not Nightwish but its a seriously good cover. The camera presence will come in time. You deserve a break if all your music is as good as the presented tracks. Good luck. I am a big symphonic rock fan and would happily listen to your offerings

• Joe K. says:

As a huge Nightwish fan, and a fan of mostly 80’s metal, thrash, and Norse metal (Amon Amarth), I think you guys have an excellent sound. I’m sure in real life you guys sound better than these videos make it seem. I do agree with some of the comments here about needing to look more comfortable on camera. None of the videos come across as showing that you enjoy what you’re playing. I know first hand that when you know there’s one camera focused straight on any one person it can be intimidating and can cause you to be hyper focused on just that. I think maybe a few videos of you guys playing live to an actual audience would give us a much better glimpse into your stage presence. Or maybe just have a few friends recording video of you playing from different angles and edit it together. Regardless, it is obvious the talent is there, and I hope you guys go far. I’ll be watching and listening 🙂

• Päivi says:

Great versions of those Nightwish songs -as a huge Nightwish fan I tend to be very critical of other bands covering their songs. Love the vocals 🙂

• Steve Johnson says:

Hi

Vocals excellent but its obvious the video was to a budget. Green screen and an overlay would get you further … second would be to consider laying the film over a prerecorded track so you don’t have to concentrate on playing or singing and can go further with inventing stuff.

About ‘sounding flat’ … sometimes that’s in the mixing. I have mixed tracks 2 or 3 times and each time someone has said – don’t like my voice on that version … you need an independent listener and sometimes no one agrees so you do a re-take.

Like the music, like the style and i suspect you’ll be up there with Epica, Delain and all the others!

Love it!

Good luck

• Kevin Goetz says:

Thanks so much! Really glad you liked the music. Yeah, video is definitely our weakest point. We’re working on it though =)

• Del says:

I LOVE Nightwish, especially Floor on vocals ( saw them in Manchester last night ) but you guys are close, very close but with enough subtle differences to my metake notice ans I am liking what I’m hearing…Good vocals, really nice defined lead guitar and great driving rhythm…Well done indeed

• Marcelo Gass says:

I love nightwish and you guys did an amazing job

• William says:

I’m an 80’s metal guy and not very impressed with the nu metal coming out today, but your band is incredible and I’m glad I took the chance to hear you. Great sound, keep it up for as long as you can.

• David says:

Just discovered y’all. Excellent music, and i will be searching for an album. Are you going to make a cover songs album?