One Moonlit Night

Sometimes one pivotal moment can change everything.

When I got out of the hospital after that whole ordeal with my ex, my aunt insisted I move back in with her for a little while. Her house is old and kinda falling apart, but it was my childhood home for years after my mother died, so it was familiar and comforting – which I really needed after what I’d just been through.

It was summer of 2014. Kevin, Chris and I were sitting around in these woods near the house. It was a bright night, lit by a full moon.

Something about the atmosphere, the quiet night in the woods with that beautiful moon overhead…it broke through the numbness for the first time and I was finally able to start processing things.

That was the night he and Chris asked me to join Mute Prophet. I was pretty far from a skilled singer at that time, but I wanted to learn. It gave me something I could do to take back control of my life.

It’s been years since then, but I still go out to those woods on moonlit nights to remember the moment my life changed forever.

And now, I want to show you the wonderful experiences we’ve had in the past decade together.

We made sure to record as many of these happy moments as possible on video, in the hopes of sharing them one day. Sit down with us, in the studio we built in this old house, and see our three albums come together. We’d love for you to experience this joy with us!

By the way: keep an eye on your inbox in the next few days!

We’ve been thinking up a way to thank you for being so amazing, and we came up with something really cool – but it’ll take two or three days to get ready. We’ll be sure to email you with a proper “thank you” when it’s ready ❤️

• Charlie Gordon says:

You all crack me up. It is great to see bands behind the scenes like this. I love your music as well, it is great to see Symphonic Metal come to the US.

• Rob Uncapher says:

Nice to see you all having fun playing. The last band I was in,it got to the point where it was more like work and I got to the point where I actually dreaded going to practice. Love the music and I hope to see you live one day.

• Rob Uncapher says:

Nice to see you all having fun. The last band I was in, it got to be more like work and I got to the point where I actually dreaded going to practice. Let me know if you are going to be playing around Cleveland or Lake County. Keep it up, love the music!

• Kevin Goetz says:

Thanks Rob! Yeah, bands can sometimes be a complete nightmare from my past experience. We’re incredibly lucky to get along as well as we do.

• Don LaFlesh says:

You metal heads are bad ass.I would love to hang with you guys sometime.Party hard and Rock even harder 🤘🏻🤘🏻🤪🤪☠️☠️

• John says:

Have to have fun while making music. Having fun and laughs with friends is key to a good future

• Michael Labor says:

I loved the funny stuff. This was great!

• Hahaha! Huge fun. Hard ass pouty duck faces…harder than they seem!

• pete oxley says:

hey good to see you guys & gal’s having some fun,
    rehearsing is a real pain in the ass,
    but its worth it in the end,
    keep on rocking & making great music,
    Pete.

• Lee Montgomery says:

Thats what being in a band is all about,fun fuckups and laughs.It keeps you sane while adding to your experiances.

• Alan Francis says:

Great to see some of the fun your having during practice etc
    Keep putting these type of vids up really enjoyable to see the other side of the band